As the Effective Climate Action Project begins its first new year as an organization, we have many goals driving us towards more exciting and impactful work. In sharing these with you, we hope to be transparent in our mission, and engage others in our work.
This year, we have 8 goals we plan to accomplish:
- Facilitate 12 climate simulation workshops in 2021
- Share weekly social media infographics on important environmental topics
- Share monthly blog posts (like this one!)
- Start a campaign focused on sparking youth interest in international climate agreements, leading up to COP 26
- Support and advocate for 3 policies in Oregon
- Grow our organizational members to 300
- Work with Portland Public Schools Sustainability Board to implement climate simulations into the new Climate Justice Curriculum
- Initiate our Climate Simulation Leader peer training program, an exciting opportunity for youth to learn how to lead workshops on climate change in a collaborative environment
A few other exciting initiatives we are currently working on include running events to introduce teachers in Oregon to the climate simulation workshops and EN-ROADS computer model for use in their own classrooms, as well as hosting webinars teaching youth how to write letters to their legislators. We also plan to bring our work to an international summit with 12 female climate activists from around the world.